DAY SIX — CHARACTER BEFORE PLATFORM
Gifted is not equal to maturity.
“You will know them by their fruits.”
— Matthew 7:16
Someone can receive genuine revelation and still handle it badly.
Gifted and immature.
Charismatic and proud.
Accurate and unloving.
Publicly impressive and privately unhealthy.
Jesus said:
Look at the fruit.
Love.
Joy.
Peace.
Patience.
Kindness.
Goodness.
Faithfulness.
Gentleness.
Self-control.
The prophetic person must be able to wait.
To listen.
To be corrected.
To admit:
“I may have interpreted that incorrectly.”
And even:
“I got that wrong.”
That doesn't destroy prophetic ministry.
It makes it safer.
Prophetic gifting also doesn't automatically confer authority over everyone else.
The prophetic serves the Body.
It does not own the Body.
A mature prophetic culture doesn't revolve around personalities we can't question.
It revolves around Jesus.
The greater the revelation entrusted to us, the deeper our humility must become.
TODAY
Ask yourself:
Can I separate what God showed me from my interpretation?
Can somebody question my interpretation without me becoming defensive?
Can I admit when my application was wrong?
Can I celebrate when God speaks through somebody else?
Would those closest to me recognise the fruit of the Spirit in my life?
Character carries revelation safely.
Gordon Whyte

No comments:
Post a Comment