Monday, June 17, 2019

Whats the point of being on Social media if you don't use it to help each other-The great Job Hunt







Those of us who are looking for jobs, if we don't help each other on these platforms, Linkedin, Xing, Facebook etc then it is pointless spending your resource, i.e Time on these sites. There is a misconception that we are jobless, unemployed, some people are maybe looking for a change but the majority are looking for a job, maybe not the perfect job, but a job that will pay our bills, put food on the table and keep our families well, and also to keep our minds healthy. I am looking for a job, but I am not unemployed, I am a "Job Hunter" my aim is to hunt down a job, if I am not successful I will be like my predecessors who failed to bring home the dinner if you are looking for a job so are you. I start at 7:30 am and continue up to 5 pm, then maybe even later if I have a lead. I do this 6 days a week, on the 7th I rest. 

Some pointers. 

  • Chase every lead. 
  • Apply for every possible role- even if you have to use transferable skills. 
  • Email the hiring manager directly if you can. 
  • Phone the hiring manager even better. 
  • Chase up every application, be relentless. 
  • Help others where you can. 
  • Pass on job leads that you are not following up. 
  • Take online free courses to keep your mind active and to strengthen your skill base. 
  • Be relentless, ask for help, and keep your own balance.  
Have a good week, and help someone, help someone, help you!!!!



Gordon



No comments: