Monday, June 03, 2019

How healthy is your company

Company health: 

It is reasonably easy to tell if your company is performing well, sales are up, the margin is good and the customers are not ringing your phone with complaints(generalizing). These are the typical KPI's we used to use for business performance and some companies still do, but it does not tell you if your company is healthy and will continue to perform well. I like motorbikes, I have had my fair share of used bikes in my past life as a biker and my favourite method of engine diagnosis back then was a length of wooden dowel, I could hear the engine and diagnose most problems. Your business is the same, the one thing a good consultant can gauge is the chatter and through that, you can tell a lot about the health of your business, don't pay the fees for that service, but learn to diagnose the business through the chatter, it will give you a good organisational indicator of the business's long term health. There is also another area you need to look at, any outside agency that you use to conduct business, reps, distributors and recruitment agencies etc. I have my own blacklist of recruiters that I would never give business to, the same with distributors. I will close here by saying know your businesses hard metrics of success but also understand the chatter.



 https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C5622AQGFGy6RSKIwHg/feedshare-shrink_8192/0?e=1562198400&v=beta&t=pk6rGxxSDs2cZo18ur7XPV4BBzYpZSb-wc-l-ZLhGhg

No comments: