Thursday, February 28, 2019

Sticking plasters and duct tape:

 Sticking plasters and duct tape:



I have a guitar pedal board for the collection of effects pedals for my guitars, I have used a variety of methods to attach the pedals to the board, not all have been successful, but it has always been a "sticking plaster and duct tape repair" until I was touring, and a friend had one look at it and said he would fix it for me, I was afraid of the cost, but it was cheaper than I thought it would be and it was a solid job, no ground hum and no movement. The point I am trying to make, there are many things in life, especially business where we skimp and try to save money, time, resource but in the long run, it is a dripping tap of waste, we need to fix it properly the first time. This is a prime requirement, whether it is, software, hardware, infrastructure, personnel, take the time and fix the issue. Once it is set properly, you can forget about it, rely on it, and relax a little. Think about the small things that are irritating you whether personal or business how much energy/resource is it causing you to waste in worry and duct tape.


No comments: