Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Waste, reduction, cash flow

Waste, reduction, cash flow.



 I had a crap week a few weeks ago week, interviewed with a Tech company in Cambridge who run a fabless semiconductor business producing chips sets for multiplexing displays, 3rd interview, 1st face to face, who are recruiting for a new position, and they are not sure what they want in a candidate. Also, it was the employees who were going to be in my team were interviewing me, I did not get it, but I knew that before I left, the reasons are boring. So I found myself at my greasy spoon cafe today, things look to be running a bit better and the owner was not as burn out, (see previous note 3 wks ago) I asked her how she was keeping and she said a lot better but would like a chat, so we took a seat and had a chat, she was having cash flow challenges, and wondered if I could help, to cut to the Cliffs Note version, I had a look at her accounts and saw a few things that she could work on, but a big one was waste, and that is harder to see in the numbers, it is there but you need to dig, I mentioned that to her and she stared at me and she said, now you mention it I do need to get the waste uplifted more, I said to her look in to it and I know a way to get some cash back on the waste. Lesson to all look at your waste stream from the front door to the back door, it will surprise you. Have a good week

No comments: