Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

There is a storm coming.....

We have a storm brewing....the lightening is dancing around me as I write this....and in the company there is a good thunderhead building ....we have a few dragons to kill..and we may not have the time and resource..also there is a warrior who does not have the appetite...if they engaged in trying to get the resources for the dragon slaying it may be terminal for them...so I have sympathy for him..but the thunder clouds have been gathering for a while...but there has been a lot off "HITS" and they are going to end up drowing themselves in the sand...was there a solution earlier to these dragons ?....well there is always a technical solution....but was there one that is commercial suitable....I always have thought in the past I would be able to do better..but I have not walked in his foot steps and been through his battles...so until I do..I can only watch and learn.... and to the best off my ability never be in those shoes....

as a side bar....how does your company deal with the storms...have you prepared them to weather them...I have a few tried and tested ways...
  • Honesty
  • Open and transparent communication (where legally possible)
  • Integrity
  • Vision and passion
  • Destroy the rose tinted shades
  • Always review where you and the company are going
  • Talk openly outside the boardroom to your investors

Thanks for your feedback on yesterdays blog...

slainte

Keltie

1 comment:

M V Bhaskar said...

Hi Gordon

Nice Blog, pl keep up the good work.
I agree with you about the approach to weather storms. Openess is good, but often people feel you are being naive if you are too open, have you faced this problem?

Regards

Bhaskar