I am an entrepreneurial senior operations executive with broad experience in General, Operational and Change Management of which more than 20 years at senior international level. I have managed multi-disciplined teams delivering complex projects worldwide in high technology based businesses, including multinational and start up businesses
Business experience includes:
• Hands on experience off managing six company start ups / SME’S with P&L responsibility
• Strategic business development, with hands on face to face customer experience
• Extensive senior operations experience, setting up new manufacturing operations, or developing outsourced manufacturing operations
• Developing business plans and financial modelling
• Leading fund raising both in Europe, North America and Middle East.
• Leading technology transfer and IP / Patent development
• Establishing and expanding businesses ensuring high profitability.
• Main business focus has been Semiconductor, Electronics, Photonics, Solar / Cleantech and Display technology
• Lean manufacturing implementation
Main achievements include:
• Led manufacturing division to be profitable after two years from start up ‘ and doubled revenue year on year prior to successful IPO in ’96 and subsequent sale to SDLI (USA)
• Introduced four new products to the market including the worlds first 10 GHz integrated driver modulator in 2001
• Launched world’s first optical ASIC platform for complex optical integrated circuits.
• Reduced customer returns by 40% and improved delivery performance by 50% with a cost reduction of 20% overall.
“Doing what is required to achieve the target”
To conclude: broad international experience, sound knowledge of value-added
mechanisms in different industries, understanding of all stakeholders
requirements, customised solution provider, profitability, sales and result orientated.
Email: gordonw63 at yahoo dot com