"I am looking for a problem to solve a company to build..and to keep in the good books with the bank and money lenders :) at the same time"
I would like to enlist the help of my readers in my search for a new position, I have started to look for a new role, so if you have a challenge in your business or need some help and think I can be off assistance please feel free to get in touch, or if you know someone else who could use my help then by all means let them know as well. The other thing would be if you are looking yourself for a new role then please feel free to get in touch or maybe if you are local we can meet up and maybe we can help each other out at the same time. I have inserted a personal summary and a brief synopsis of the last three years work in the Solar Industry as a starter. I hope you all have a good weekend and keep the faith.
LinkedIn Profile : http://uk.linkedin.com/in/gordonwhyte
Summary Gordon Whyte ( Cert Mgmt (Open) )
Entrepreneurial senior operations executive, who has managed multi-disciplined teams delivering complex projects worldwide in high technology based businesses, including Multinational and start up businesses. Has selected and managed sub-contract manufacturing businesses, utilizing low cost countries and mainland European organizations, (including semiconductor foundries, PCB board manufacturing, discrete active components and sub assemblies), has introduced new products from feasibility study through to commercialization with supporting cost reduction and product reliability programs in place, within an aggressive time to market and budgetary framework. I have managed multi site operations and where necessary rationalized operations to meet the businesses strategic short term and long term objectives. I have raised over $200m in investment through Venture Capital,Government funding. Areas of technology worked in, Semiconductors, Cleantech, Display, Electronics, bio-technology,Telecom
- Feasibility study of Solar Technologies as they are applied in the field, understanding the ultimate cost of energy for a variety of technologies.
- In depth review of the concentrated solar industry to pin point the competitive technologies and develop a wining strategy for the LGBC technology.
- Feasibility study of setting up a low to medium concentrator manufacturing facility in the UK, Spain and Asia.
- Developed financial models for all the above scenarios, modeling cost of product , cash flow, capital expenditure and running costs.
- Worked with the turnkey suppliers of solar cell manufacturing lines to develop project plans for the deployment of 20/40MW manufacturing lines, these are companies like Centrotherm, Rena, Oerlikon.
- Led the acquisition of an existing solar cell manufacturing line in central Europe, and developed a plan to run in-situ at its present location.
- Led on the acquisition of the equipment only of the above solar cell manufacturing line, while finding a location in the UK to support the operation.
- Developed the supply chain for the operation, working with chemical and wafer suppliers, contract negotiated with the major wafer suppliers, like REC, LDK, NORSUN and other Asian suppliers.
- Led Business development and helped secure with the team over 20 new customers.
- Developed business plans and engaged with the Investment community to raise funding
- Promoted the business at trade shows and conferences around the world
- Managed the research and manufacturing business unit that would have been the technology provider.
Some links to help with your jobsearch:
The second site I'll recommend is Recruiters OnLine Network, an online network of professional recruiters. You can freely search through posted jobs and find recruiters based on their focus or what they recruit for.
Recruiters OnLine Networkhttp://tinyurl.com/32km45>
Next is career resource site that offers tools, tips and more to help you manage your career. Its name is JibberJobber and it allows you to keep track of all of the information that you collect during a job search.
JibberJobber - <>http://tinyurl.com/2svuef>
The fourth, and last web site, is SimplyHired. They are what is called an aggregator. They comb, search and gather job postings from hundreds of site and it is freely available and searchable at their site.
SimplyHired - http://tinyurl.com/drtz5