Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Should we abandon 'Growth' for sustainability



"Fast food or Cordon bleu"






I was reading in Guy Kawasakis blog about the tour de france and the success of the discovery channel team, but the thing that really struck me was the story about Trek the guys who supplied the bikes that Team discovery used, now I will not repeat the story here, this is the link if you want to read it ( http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/08/my-visit-to-tre.html), and it connected with what was spinning around my head as I came in to work. Fast Food or Cordon Bleu, what do you want to be involved in, a fast food company is a quick and dirty,build,make and sell the company as quick as you can, Cordon Bleu, build a strong company, get to sustainability and enjoy, something like the guys at "Orange County Choppers" or Trek, my question today is what do you want to build ? the answer lies within the founder? is it quick gain or a long term passion, neither is the correct answer as I said it lies within the founder and his personal motivation, and I am not here to preach one way or another, the Governments should be looking for sustainability but do not lead by example, but that's for an another time. I would just suggest that today those who are looking at starting the adventure, take time out and make sure of what you want to do ?




Slainte




Gordon

No comments: