The last few weeks have been hard at work, cash flow, Investor and possible sale and I have drawn some lessons learned from it all.
- Don't work with a managment team that you are uncomfortable with, you dont need to be best friends but makes sure they are competent, trust worthy and loyal.
- Don't work with a team that has different end game than yourself, even when things get tough, a leader is not about self preservation, if you are a good leader you will get a new job
- Money is not the total focus of why you do what you do, neither should it be your fellow leaders
- When you engage with investors, make sure they are ethical and that your internal sponser is a strong member of there partners team.
- Be flexible, don't work on things for the sake of it, work on it because it will make a difference, and don't waste your best executives on the same pointless tasks as well.
- A start up will be like a family after a while, remember what it is like to be a family member
- Don't waste your life on something that is not going to bring you satisfaction and meaning
- Treat others as you want to be treated yourself
Well thats enough of a rant, and if you know off anyone looking for senior operations guy then point them in my direction, it's time to get meaning back in my life..