Sunday, December 31, 2006

Hogmanay Post or New years Eve

A thought for the New year and a day of reflection.

I received a couple of comments on my previous post of the 28th and I do not have an answer for the crisis in Scottish Industry I do have a few comments to make on what I see as a route forward for Scotland. I will post on that next week. But for Today's post it will be short but I hope helpful for some, at this time of year where the last sands of the old year run away and the new sand of the coming year gets ready to start it's journey, I have a story to tell I found it in a book by Viktor Frankl, so it is not an original thought but it may help you to get your mind focused on whats really important for the future. We are Human because we are seen to be human in the eyes of others, if we did not interact with other Human beings who would there be to see our Humanity ?

The ECHO:

A Son and his father are walking in the mountains, suddenly, the son falls , hurts himself and screams; "AAAhhhhhhhhhh!!!" To his surprise, he hears a voice repeating, somewhere in the mountains: "AAAhhhhhhh!!!" curious , he shouts out "Who are you ?" He receives the answer "Who are you" And then he shouts at the mountain "I admire you !" The voice answers "I admire you!" Angered at the response he shouts "Coward!" He receives the answer"Coward! "He look sto his father and asks whats going on? The father smiles and says:"My son pay attention" Again the man shouts "You are a champion!" The boy is surprised but does not understand. Then his father explains "People call this the echo, but really this is life. It gives you back everything you say or do, Our life is simply a reflection of our actions. If you want more love in the world create more love in your heart. If you want more competency in your team, improve your own competency. This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life,Life will give you back everything you have given to it. Your life is not a coincidence.Its a reflection of you!".
From Viktor Frankl "Finding meaning in life"

All the best for the new year friends and may you have a happy life.


Slainte

Gordon

No comments: