Monday, July 24, 2006

I was thinking over the weekend as I climbed out off bed to go viewings houses again for a 4th weekend in a row..my back was sore..I have a slight ache in my side.. and I need to get fit...but like all things I have got used to them...I know I will have to go see the "witch doctor" but I keep putting it off ...so it came to my mind we have the same "fix it later" strategy sometimes at work...the company can be sick in certain areas....sales is not performing..or engineering or manufacturing is running like a broken down tractor..but we let it run...we start to accept it and next we are planning around it...There are sometimes things going on that take time to fix.. like...you have a key guy who is not performing great but he does have some ability in an area no one else has...what do you do if you fix the problem he may leave...well you should never get into that position in the first place I here you say..hey it happens...but the point is you need to plan your way out off it...and thats the same with the company..if there are issues that you know are wrong then you need to plan to fix them.......

Like my health...I have allowed myself to slip into a condtion which is not the best for me...put on weight..let the bp rise a little....so the quick fix..could help...the diet could help..but what really would help is to have a "lifestyle change" I workout in the garage gym everynight...I have started to make my food from the raw materials...GIGO cooking...I take time with the "trouble and strife"....I am putting into place a life culture which can only help me and my wife to get healthier..in mind and in body....I do believe we are a tri-part creation..but thats for another time..

That is what I suggest we should aim to do for the company...get the culture correct and you a healthy company...


slainte

Keltie

what does cooking have to do with a company......

No comments: